Tuesday 13 March 2012

planning...

I think my favourite passtime of all is planning... I love writting lists and organising how things should go, writting shopping lists and menus and to-do lists! It makes me feel like I have a sesne of control and progress.... even if all it really means is I end up with a pile of paper lol.

My girls were both born in May, three days apart, and their birthday celebrations are so close! Now is the perfect time to start planning! We only have one party a year so I like to make it a big one!! I have the theme selected, very talented friends making the party favours and invitations and im so so excited about writting the recipes and making the menus for the day! I'm not going to share any of those recipes just yet but for today I have two recipes to share. The first is a delicious, no-fuss breakfast and the second is a delicous, lean lunch and dinner idea.



BIRCHER MUSLEI:

I love this creamy muslei for the days that I am in a hurry and need something filling, nutritious and yummy as im rushing out the door! My 10 month old little girl goes nuts for this too! I always make it in advance and leave it overnight and I make enough for 2 or 3 days worth. you can of course change these ingredients up and use low fat where you see fit.

you'll need:
2 cups of museli mix- mine has oats, coconut, sultanas, grains, sunflower seeds and dried pineapple.
1 grated green apple (skin on)
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup of yoghurt - I use full fat vanilla jalna.
1/4 cup of cream or milk
1/4 water.

how to:

combine all the ingredients well and put in a sealed container in the fridge overnight.
to serve you can add some more fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment