Monday 5 March 2012

As promised...

Things around here have been pretty crazy! I've added two lots of swimming lessons, gym sessions daily and lots of cake orders to an already crazy schedule and I am starting to find myself a little time poor! But here are the recipes, as promised!
I wont say much today but I'm going to try and pump these recipes out and I'll be sure to add photos as soon as I make these again!

ENJOY!

Thick vanilla bean custard


you'll need:


2 cups of milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbsp cornflour
1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup milk (additional)


How to:

1. heat the milk in a saucepan, stirring occasionally but do not let it come to the boil.
2. in a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and the seeds of one vanilla bean until smooth and well combined.
3. combine the cornflour with the additonal milk and stir until there are no lumps left, combine the milk and cornflour mix with the eggs, vanilla and sugar and mix well.
4. pour the hot milk into the eggs mixture and whisk until combined, return now to the saucepan and put over a low heat.
5.whisk continuously over a low heat as it thickens slowly. keep going until it has thickened to desired consistency.
6. eat when warm or leave aside to cool and then refrigerate fro 24-48 hours. this recipe will thicken more upon cooling.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment