Wednesday 18 January 2012

Reality is setting in...

My baby is growing up. I cant stop it, all I can do is stand and watch. My mind is full of the logistics of morning drop offs, lunch menus and ironing uniforms. I cant stop thinking about how its all going to work out having a set routine for the first time in my adult life! Never before has my life with children been dictated by a routine... my children eat when they are hungry, sleep when they are tired and most days our outings were planned at a moments' notice; choosing to accept last minute offers and sieze the day! Through all the years my beautiful big girl has been the perfect companion; she appreciates a quite and reflective coffee in a cute cafe, loves miso soup at a crazy-busy sushi train, we would be in an out of the car all day running erands without complaint from her... she is the perfect side-kick! Next tuesday morning I have to farewell our old lifestyle and im feeling very nolstalgic to say the least! I'm going to miss my big girl terribly, and everytime I remind her of this fact she pauses as if to find the nicest way around what she is going to say..."but I have to go mum, its ok if you're sad". Such a diplomatic answer, im so proud of you Aalliyah. You make everyone so happy and I know youre going to do amazing things.

So to celebrate the start of the school year, 6:30am rises, plaiting hair, green ribbons and ironed uniforms I am going to be writting up a few recipes a day to help all those with kiddies like mine. The goal is to prepare some delicious and *mostly healthy lunches for their growing minds and bodies.
Recipes to come include:

banana muffins
carrot cupcakes
blueberry pikelets
mini cinnamon donuts
caramel slice
toffees
strawberry puff pastries w/ chocolate sauce
sushi pockets
zuchinni and bacon muffins
vege sticks and yoghurt dip
mini sausage rolls
mini ceasar salads
rice noodles and veges.

I'm off now to enjoy my last thursday afternoon at home with my girl before her first ever term stars next week! I'll be back later with some photos and recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment